Tuesday, February 28, 2006

In Memory of Dr. Henry Morris


I have not blogged for some time and I apologize as the past few weeks have brought about a some tragic events and drastic happenings in my life. I will return soon to blog about the happenings in the ID movement from those weeks (which were a lot). But for now, I felt it necessary to remember Dr. Henry Morris, Ph.D. (see picture above).

Dr. Henry Morris, the first to pose a challenge to Darwinian evolution, died on Saturday, February 25, 2006. Morris was the founder of the Institute for Creation Research (ICR) and while he often disagreed with the intelligent design movement, all critics of evolution should thank Morris for his work in pointing out flaws with Darwin's theory in an era when most accepted the theory as good science. Morris was also a professor of engineering at Virginia Tech University for some time.

In memory of Dr. Morris, I hope that the evolution movement meets it's inevitable demise soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now it is such a bizarrely impossible coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the nonexistence of God. The argument goes something like this:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," say Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't though of that" and promply vanishes in a puff of logic.